Finding a top divorce lawyer in Maryland or the District of Columbia is not an easy thing to do. There’s so much information on the internet that it truly becomes a difficult task to determine which Maryland divorce lawyer or DC divorce lawyer will be a good fit for your case. Here are 5 tips to help you find the right Maryland or Washington DC divorce lawyer:
1. Ask questions about where the divorce lawyer went to school?
2. Determine whether the divorce lawyer is a general practitioner, or focuses his/her practice solely in the areas of divorce and family law.
3. Figure out whether the Maryland divorce lawyer has the time and is willing to accept your case.
4. What are the divorce lawyer’s fees?
5. How long will the divorce take?